Setting up contextual responses means adding more context to the response to a particular prompt. To simplify it further lets take an example
Bot : Can you share your email with me?
User : Sure, [email protected]
Bot : Why do you need my email?
What if instead of giving their email address during a conversation, customer asked What is an email Or Why do you need my email. These type of contextual intents can be handled in the following ways :
Setting up standard contextual responses for all prompts in all journeys in the bot. Basically if the users ask Why/What/How/ etc at any prompt, the response will be the same. If you want the same, please follow the following steps :
- On the Yellow Messenger Platform, under Studio > Learn > Context Management as shown below.
- You can change or add the responses for the various predefined contextual intents like What/Why/How/When/Where/etc.
- You can Bulk Upload and Export these intents and responses as well.
- In order to add new intents click on '+ Add Contextual Responses'
- Add as many training utterances as possible, prompts that the user can type for a particular context.
Now when the user will ask for these questions [Why/What/How/etc] at any prompt during the conversation. The bot will be able to send these contexual responses to the user.
Please note that the user is not moving ahead while user is asking contextual responses. The user will remain at the same prompt until the correct response if given.