A popular restaurant in town is planning to implement a chatbot as an alternative for food ordering. On launching the webpage of the restaurant or on using the App on the mobile platform the user should be greeted by the chatbot. The user would speak to a chatbot to order food instead of talking to a staff member. The user would chat with the bot as if she is speaking to a real staff member. She would ask the bot, what is on the menu? Or What kind of cuisine is offered in the restaurant? The bot would respond back by giving the user the different Cuisine options to choose from. For Example, a South Indian Cuisine and North Indian Cuisine. On clicking the respective option, the menu is displayed as display cards. The user can go ahead and choose the food items she wants to order by selecting the respective display cards.
[ADD DEMO VIDEO OF FOOD ORDERING BOT]
• Now you are ready build your first bot on YM platform
End of the Exercise you should be able to understand how to
- Explore the platform
- Perform the initial Configure
[ADD PLATFORM GIF]
- Click on the Projects.
- Click on the bot. This would launch the platform as shown in the image above.
- Explore the buttons on the left side.
Note: This process would help you define your bot by giving it an identity (Name, Title, Description and Intro message)
[ADD CONFIG GIF]
Click on the configuration button (gear icon) on the botton left corner.
Fill in the details:
• Bot Icon (Click on
Rest of the text boxes are optional.
Click on the
Overviewbutton on the top left.
Try your botsection, you can see your bot with the bot icon you've added in the configuration. You can also notice that bot name has also been updated.
End of this exercise you should be able understand
- Create a Journey and Configure the Journey with User Expressions (Utterance)
- Test the Model
- Configure the Default Journey
Note: In the following exercise we could create a Journey that the user would go through to check for the menu and place his order
- Click on
Create Journeybutton on the bottom left corner.
Default Categoryonly. Enter
- Now go to Studio and select the journey you've created.
- Click on
Start Trigger, it'll open up a new panel on the right side.
- In the grey space, you can add utterances. Utterances are the phrases users may say to trigger this journey.
Note: Test the bot to check if it has learned the user expressions
- Click on ‘Train’ button on top right corner.
- Once the training is finished, click on
Tools(wrench & screwdriver icon).
TEST YOUR BOTsection, enter an utterance.
- In the JSON response, under
intentsyou can see entered utterance will invoke which journey. It also shows confidance in percentage. Here, 1 means 100%.
Note: Configure Default Journey to enter the Default Message of the Bot.
- In the
- On your screen you can see two boxes
DEFAULT. Click on
- On the right side, you can see
Generic responses. Under the
TEXT MESSAGE, there is a text messange already which you've entered earlier while creating a bot. Update the
- Go to
Try your botunder
Overviewtab from the left panel. Here if you click on home button, it'll trigger the default journey and show Text message you've just entered.
Note: When you user enters an expression like ‘Show me the Menu’ you would expect the bot to reply back asking the user ‘What kind of Cuisine do you like?’ with Cuisine (South Indian, North Indian...) listed as options to select.
This process is achieved by adding
Messages to the Journey.
- Go to
Studioand select the journey you've created (Restaurant).
- Click on the
+icon to add new step, then Select
- On the right side, enter 'Cuisine Type' as step name. In the Generic responses, enter "We serve north and south indian cuisines."
TEXT MESSAGEfield. You can also add multiple text fpr randomizing by clicking on plus sign. [ADD MESSAGE GIF]
- Go back to
Try your botand enter the expression 'Show me the Menu'.
- You should see the message ‘What kind of Cuisine do you like?’ [ADD BOT GIF]
- Now to add
Quick Repliesgo back to
Studioand add a new step in the
Step Nameand under
QUICK REPLYenter "What kind of Cuisine do you like?".
- Using add sign below, you can add multiple options to choose from. Add 'North Indian' and 'South Indian' options.
- Go back to
Try your botand enter "Menu please" or "Show me the menu". [ADD BOT GIF]
- Look for the chat response, "What kind of Cuisine do you like" with two quick reply buttons 'South Indian' and 'North Indian'.
• Add Carousel response to the journey
- Add Carousel response to the journey
- Validating the input from Carousel
Note: In this task you would add response to the buttons clicked in a Step. Like, when a user clicks ‘South Indian’ Or ‘North Indian’ button related to cuisine what would be the response.